Become a member today!

The Livestock, Bulk and Rural Carriers Association represents hardworking rural carriers who conduct business in the state of New South Wales.

Transported Stock Statement (TSS) Application

The Transported Stock Statement (TSS) system was introduced in 1990 partly to assist the Police service to trace stolen stock. As a result of an increase in the incidence of stock theft, the need has now arisen to heighten community awareness of the TSS scheme.

You must use a TSS whenever cattle, sheep, goats or horses are to be transported by a vehicle, whether it be by road, rail or water within NSW.

A TSS is not required in the following circumstances:

  • when stock are transported into New South Wales from another state or from the Australian Capital Territory, and transported within New South Wales for up to 30 kilometres before returning to that other state or territory as part of an unbroken journey;
  • when stock are transported across or along a road from one part of a holding to another part that would be contiguous with the first-mentioned part but for being separated by the road;
  • when stock are transported to or from a place for treatment by a veterinary surgeon;
  • when horses are being transported to or from any agricultural show, exhibition, gymkhana, pony club meeting or similar function;
  • when racehorses, harness racing horses or working horses are being transported from one place to another;
  • when stock are transported in any other circumstances prescribed by the regulations;
  • when stock are transported under the provisions of a stock permit issued under Section 101 of the Rural Lands Protection Act 1998, or an order or permit issued under the Stock Diseases Act 1923.

National Vendor Declarations (NVD) can be used as a TSS in NSW if they are one of the following:

  • National Vendor Declaration (Sheep and Lambs) and Waybill (First Edition March 2004)
  • National Vendor Declaration (Sheep and Lambs) and Waybill (First Edition November 2005)
  • National Vendor Declaration (Cattle) and Waybill (First Edition November 2005)
  • European Union Vendor Declaration (Cattle) and Waybill (First Edition November 2005)
  • National Vendor Declaration (Goats) and Waybill (First Edition November 2005)
  • National Vendor Declaration (Cattle) and Waybill (First Edition March 2004)

Note: A TSS cannot be used as NVD.

Where can you get a TSS?

Transported Stock Statements are available for purchase from your Local Land Services office or in a few easy steps apply now for a commercial TSS.